- Further details about Andy Rubin’s alleged extramarital affairs were revealed in unsealed court documents on Tuesday, shedding new light on last year’s New York Times report which claimed the Android creator had been involved in “ownership relationships” with multiple women.
- One woman, who is referred to in the complaint as “M,” was allegedly working with Rubin in what was described as a “sex ring.”
- “M” would “agree to perform various sexual acts with multiple men,” have it filmed for “the enjoyment of Rubin and other men,” and then, would have sex with Rubin “off-camera,” according to the complaint.
- Also, central to the complaint is the accusation that Rubin cheated his former wife out of a lot of money with a prenuptial agreement that didn’t cover some of his personal wealth — and that may have been drafted by an attorney with a conflict of interest.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Android creator Andy Rubin was allegedly involved in running a “sex ring” with at least one woman, and is accused of cheating his ex-wife out of millions of dollars in their prenuptial agreement, according to a civil complaint unsealed on Tuesday in connection with another case.
The documents were first shared by Buzzfeed News’ Ryan Mac. A lawyer for Rubin says that the complaint is full of “false claims.”
“This is a family law dispute involving a wife who regrets her decision to execute a prenuptial agreement. It is full of false claims and we look forward to telling our side of the story,” a lawyer for Rubin told Business Insider.
In the unsealed complaint, one woman, who is referred to as “M,” was allegedly working with Rubin in what the filing describes as a “sex ring.” “M” would “agree to perform various sexual acts with multiple men,” have it filmed for “the enjoyment of Rubin and other men,” and then, would have sex with Rubin “off-camera,” according to the documents.
The details regarding Rubin’s alleged extramarital affairs shed new light on last year’s New York Times report which claimed the Android creator had been involved in “ownership relationships” with multiple women during his marriage. According to the complaint, Rubin would “pay for their expenses in exchange for offering them to other men.”
Central to the complaint is the accusation that Rubin cheated Rie Rubin, his now-former wife, out of a lot of money by having her sign a prenuptial agreement days before their wedding, while she was pregnant with their child, without adequately disclosing that his lawyer had represented him in a previous divorce. That conflict of interest, as well as the rest of the story, form a basis for invalidating the agreement, Rie Rubin argues in the complaint.
With the complaint, Rie Rubin is seeking to invalidate that prenuptial agreement, with which she says that Rubin was able to exclude some of his personal assets from being covered by the agreement — including what appears to be his portion of theproceeds from the sale of Rubin’s previous company Danger to Microsoft in 2008.
Specifics of that deal were redacted in the documents. However, the documents say that Rubin’s net worth went from about $10.3 million at the time of their marriage, up to an estimated $350 million today.
Last fall, when news broke that Google paid Rubin a $90 million exit package despite multiple cases of harassment reportedly having been brought against him, a major controversy was stirred internally at the tech giant. Some 20,000 employees worldwide staged a walkout in protest of Rubin’s payout and the company’s overall handling of harassment cases, especially amongst executives.